Hello again!! I know it has been a while. Almost three months now, but we are still here. Most of our fellow friends are aware that we have been going through the motions of adopting. What does this entail, well,let me give you a list - Adoption (parenting) classes, ten of them. Making modifications to our home - including interconnecting smoke detectors, attic door locks and other child protective measures. Then having our TB test done, CPR certification completed, Fingerprints sent off to the FBI, background checks completed as well as a mountain of paperwork.
Now - you say, what will this get you and why are you doing this? We are doing this because after much prayer, we feel that God has led us in this direction. We are so excited about becoming parents. God has given both Jonathan and I a peace about this. Does that peace always remain - YES - but that doesn't mean that we don't get scared and confused sometimes. We have asked the adoption agency for a sibling group of up to three kids no older than 4 years old. This means that we could conceivably have three children placed in our home at once all under the age of four. Heaven help us!! We do have peace about it and know that this would be our forever family that God has designed for us. About now you are asking, well what about race, ethnicity? We have talked about that too and we are open to God's guidance on that. When we are asked if we are interested in a particular group of kids, we will pray and ask God's leadership and peace.
I have to say that even though I am not pregnant, all of my senses are heightened. This process has been quick for the most part, even though sometimes it feels like it is taking forever. We are finished with all but two of our classes, are getting ready for the fire marshall to come inspect our home and then it is finalizing paperwork and the home study. Since we just started this in April, I think we are cruising right along. I will keep you posted as we near the next step, which is the fire marshall. Keep us in your prayers as we are excited, scared, apprehensive, and ever faithful about this journey that God is taking us on.
2 comments:
Pretty soon we're going to have quite the play group!
Wow! I am so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment