Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Poor doggy

Well, it had to happen some time or another. It finally happened last night, she just couldn't resist chasing the little black kitty with the white stripe down its back. So, now she stinks. Poor Brownie was outside last night and I am inside going over adoption papers to see what we still need to get done, when there is this sudden over-whelming smell. I am thinking that something is on fire or someone is BBQ'ing something nasty. Then I head outside and I know that it was a skunk. You can smell it. Brownie is running around the yard through the sprinkler and rubbing her face and body on anything that she can get next to. Now if you know anything about my dog, she is not a water dog. So for her to be running through the sprinkler means that the skunk got her right in the face. So, we are on bath four of tomato sauce. We tried the vinager and baking soda trick, that didn't work, but we may try it again if the tomato sauce still doesn't work. I had to remove all of my clothes and through them in the wash immediately, because like I said she was rubbing on everything and that included me when I stepped outside. Thankfully, my clothes survived. My house still smells a little like skunk, so I am going to thoroughly clean it today, change filters all of that good stuff. Well, I am off to go wash the tomato sauce off of my dog. Oh the joys!!! Can't wait for kids. :)

No comments: