Tuesday, May 3, 2011

December 2010

In December, we were able to visit Jonathan's parents outside of Asheville, NC. We were able to find really great ticket prices straight from Houston to Asheville, which is fantastic as otherwise we would have had to drive. Which in reality I don't mind, but overall, would prefer to have less travel time. In the past, we have had to fly into Nashville and then drive about five hours to reach them. Now, there are straight shot flights. This makes it much nicer.

While we were there, we were able to see snow, the Biltmore, and just the general Christmas spirit. It was also fun to see Jonathan's mother sing in her Senior Choir at a Christmas performance that they had while we were there.

This picture of the Cardinal on the bird feeder is one of my favorite shots. I might just have to use it for a Christmas card this next year. I stood just inside the back door at my in-laws house with the camera posed for awhile before I finally was able to get this picture. I think my in-laws thought that I was crazy, but to me it was the perfect shot. I think they agreed after they saw it too. It was fun to be in the cold weather for a little while, but it was also nice to get back to the relatively warm weather of Houston.

No comments: