Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kitchen update


Thought I would give an update on how the kitchen is coming along. We have the walls/soffits torn down and built up that need to be done. We have also moved the island around to the area that we want and we have hired a person to install our countertops. The deadline is on now though. The countertops are being installed next Thursday so that means we need to finish the painting on the walls around the cabinets, staining the cabinets, texturizing the ceilings, and putting wallboard on the wall where the new backsplash will go. We have to put new wallboard where the old backsplash tile was because when removing it, we tore up the old drywall. The new backsplash won't adhere to broken drywall. There is a lot to do and Jonathan works every other day for the next two weeks. It will be crazy but if need be we can move the countertop installation back. Then once we get all that done, I will be working on staining the cabinet doors and Jonathan will be working on tiling the floor. Then the only thing left will be to install a microwave over the stove and the kitchen will be complete. The countdown is on, I only have two weeks before I go back to school so lets see if we can get it done. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Albus Adventures said...

Please do keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do to help! We miss you guys!