Friday, September 25, 2009

Foster update

Well, we got some news today that I thought I would write about. Since I had heard nothing from the boys CPS caseworker, I decided to email her and find out what was going on with the court cases, if they had been set yet and when they were and other information regarding the boys. She emailed back very quickly and told me that there was a court date on Monday, four days ago, and that both of the boys parents had shown up and that they had also brought a relative who was willing to take the boys.

You would think this would disappoint me, but in reality, if God leads the boys to be with a relative then that is where they are supposed to be. Why were we not at the court hearing or even notified of it, I don't know. It doesn't make any sense. In actuality, I was hoping to get to go to court and at least meet the parents and tell them how well the boys are doing. My only thought was and is that it wasn't in God's plan for us to meet.

So after emailing the caseworker back and forth this afternoon, I found out that she has to do a homestudy on the relative and then it has to go through the entire procedure of approvals. If it gets approved, the boys could be moved and placed in that home within 30days. We ask that you pray for God's will to be done in these boys lives. If they are to be placed with this relative, let it be quickly so that they don't have any more emotional trauma than they already do and can finally be in a place that hopefully they will be able to stay in. At least that is my dream for them. We also ask that you pray for our home in the next couple of weeks that we will be able to transition them well if again, it turns out they will be leaving. There are a lot of IF'S right now, so keep up the praying.


No comments: